The European Society for Trauma and Dissociation was founded in April 2006.
This followed a period of active planning and collaboration with professional colleagues from over 17 countries in Europe as well as with the Executive Council of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD).
The establishment of the European Society for Trauma and Dissociation (ESTD) was strongly supported by the ISSTD with whom we have close ties.
- To promote an increase in the knowledge of Trauma, Dissociation and all disorders related to chronic traumatization.
- To provide professional and public education about dissociation, trauma and trauma related disorders.
- To support communication and cooperation among clinicians and other professionals in the field of dissociation and trauma.
- To stimulate national and international research projects.
- To provide knowledge and education specifically to those countries in Europe who do not have easy access in this field.
You can apply by filling out the application form and send it by email. There is also an application form you can print and send by post.
There is a two-fee structure for full members according to your country.