The management of the Top Referent Trauma Centre from GGZ Drenthe offers an outstanding clinical and scientific program about traumatization that includes eminent experts in the field.
The Self behind the Self
Dissociation, psychosis and trauma on Thursday May 21th, 2015.
Participants will be informed about three core concepts in psychiatry: dissociation, psychosis and trauma. Eminent experts from all over the world will give their presentations about these phenomena and concepts. They will illustrate the limitations and the mutual relations of these approaches and will point out their meaning for daily mental health.
Dr. Ellert Nijenhuis
The conference is held to honour and thank dr. Ellert Nijenhuis for his outstanding work as a psychotherapist and researcher of trauma-related mental disorders during the past three decades at our hospital.
- Chairman Eva Zimmermann, clinical psychologist working in private practice in Fribourg, Switzerland, and amongst other things represents her country on the EMDR Europe Board
- Onno van der Hart, Ph.D., Psychotraumatologist Professor Emeritus of Psychopathology of Chronic Traumatization at Utrecht University
- Andrew Moskowitz, M.D. Professor with Special Responsiblities, Professor MSO of Clinical Psychology. Department of Psychology and Behavioural Sciences, School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University in Aarhus (Denmark)
- Colin A. Ross, MD. Dr. Ross is an internationally renowned clinician, researcher, author and lecturer in the field of dissociation and trauma-related disorders. He is de founder of The Collin A. Ross Institute in Dallas, Texas
- Yolanda Schlumpf. Researcher at the University of Zurich, Division of Neuropsychology, Switzerland, Neuropsychology and Clinical Psychology
- Ellert R.S. Nijenhuis, Ph.D., psychologist/psychotherapist and reseacher at Top Referent Trauma Centre GGZ Drenthe, Assen, The Netherlands
May 21th, 2015
09.45 Welcome and introduction, chairman Eva Zimmermann
09.50 Andrew Moskowitz Could schizophrenia be a dissociative disorder? Three historical enigmas (and one contemporary one) Discussion 10 minutes
11.00 Onno van der Hart Dissociative psychosis implies a division of the personality amendable by psychotherapy Discussion 10 minutes
13.00 Colin A. Ross Catatonia, autism, dissociation, and cross-cultural syndromes Discussion 10 minutes
14.10 Yolanda Schlumpf Neurobiological findings in dissociative identity disorder Discussion 10 minutes
15.20 Break (tea/coffee)
15.40 Ellert R.S. Nijenhuis Enactive trauma therapy: Laying down a path in walking together Discussion 10 minutes
16.50 Chairman Eva Zimmermann Closing remarks Reception: immediately following symposium
To register for the symposium press here for the announcement papers. Registration is open until May 10th, 2015. Space is limited, so please register early. If the registration doesn’t work, please use the registration paper in Word.
Payment of registration fees, from abroad, can be made by bank transfer. A request for payment will be sent to you upon the confirmation of your registration.
- 195,00 € per person for the symposium, including lunch and break refreshments.
- Students and employees from GGZ Drenthe: fee reduction and pay € 110,00.