Child and Adolescent Committee
Committee composition: chair (Renée P. Marks) and volunteers of his/her choice
- To raise the profile in the ESTD of children and adolescents, suffering from trauma and dissociation. This will include raising the profile of children on the ESTD website.
- To promote the knowledge and understanding of trauma and dissociation in children and adolescents by providing the relevant information to professionals and lay people working with these children. This will include parents, teachers, mental health professionals, foster carers and adoptive parents.
- To provide training and education about the presentation, diagnosis and treatment of trauma and dissociation in children and adolescents to therapists responsible for the therapy of these children.
- To provide and adapt existing information and training to be more suitable to the child population of Europe in order to enable professionals to provide more effective services to children in Europe.
- To ensure that child and adolescent dissociation is getting a voice on ESTD international conferences.
- To provide information accessible through the ESTD website on the presentation of dissociation in children and adolescents for: